Chindogu - Umbrella Tie
Kenji Kawakami is the inventor of the concept of Chindogu, the founder of the 10,000-member International Chindogu Society, and author of several books on Chindogu - The Japanese Art of the Unuseless.
Chindogu is a great example of Deliberate Creative Thinking, as the Chindogu inventor must adhere strictly to the Ten Tenets of Chindogu.
The Ten Tenets of Chindogu
2. A Chindogu must exist
3. Inherent in every Chindogu is the spirit of anarchy
4. Chindogu are tools for everyday life
5. Chindogu are not for sale
6. Humour must not be the sole reason for creating a Chindogu
7. Chindogu is not propaganda
8. Chindogu are never taboo
9. Chindogu can never be patented
10. Chindogu are without prejudice